Work with purpose panel at Paris Peace Forum 2022
Over the last decade, many companies have stepped up to direct part of their work towards social issues or climate action, for instance putting in place programs or policies to have greener and more ethical supply and value chains. These actions in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals have become an imperative for many private-sector actors. However, the pandemic era and new international conflicts have forced them to adjust quickly and disrupted their longer-term plans.
The session will explore how companies can act nimbly while keeping the SDGs high on their priority agenda and reconcile short- and long-term plans to reshape globalization.
Watch the panel discussion where Fabienne Michaux, Director, UNDP SDG Impact speaks alongside:
- Marlène Schiappa, Minister of State for Social Economy and Community Life, France
- Philippe Heim, Chairman of Exec Board, La Banque Postale and Exec VP, Le Groupe La Poste
- Sigrid van Aken, CEO, Novamedia/Postcode Lotteries
- Ma Jun, Director Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs, China (IPE)
- Moderated by Anousheh Karvar, Representative of France to the International Labour Organization